Date: January 30, 2020
Responsible Administrator: Superintendent/CEO
The Board shall establish a Student Advisory Committee as a means by which to engage the voices and opinions of Sturgeon Public students.
The Superintendent/CEO is responsible for maintaining this Administrative Procedure.
1. The members of the Advocacy Committee will serve as the Board’s representatives on the Student Advisory Committee.
2. The Chair of the Advocacy Committee will serve as the Chair of the Student Advisory Committee.
3. The Advocacy Committee will develop an annual plan for the Student Advisory Committee, for presentation to the Board in October for the review and approval of the Board. The Plan will include the following:
3.1 Proposed Agenda topics for meetings of the Student Advisory Committee; and
3.2 Proposed Meeting date / times for meetings of the Student Advisory Committee.
4. The Board may from time to time, direct topics to be discussed at a Student Advisory Committee.
5. The Advocacy Committee will provide the Board with a report regarding the Student Advisory Committee Meetings following each Advisory Committee Meeting.
6. Principals will name two Sturgeon Public students from grades 7-9 and 10-12 to serve on the Advisory Committee.
230 Board Committees and Appointed Representation
231 Student Advisory Committee
Administrative Procedures II. School Board Governance and Operations