Education for Reconciliation
At Sturgeon Public Schools, we are dedicated to fostering a safe, inclusive, and supportive learning environment. Our schools work with parents and community members to implement innovative programs and strategies that support the success of First Nations, Métis and Inuit students, and benefit the entire school community.
Our schools offer a variety of programs and support services including:
- Truth and Reconciliation Week
- Métis Week
- A Call to Action Cohort Lead Teacher at each school
- Lunar Calendar teachings
- 7 Grandfather teachings
- An Indigenous Student Success coach at Sturgeon Composite High School and Redwater School
- An Indigenous Student Counsellor at Camilla School and Four Winds Public School
- An Indigenous Education resource website available to all Sturgeon Public Schools teachers to help guide teaching and learning practices in their classrooms
Visit our Education for Reconciliation page for more information.