Date: January 30, 2020
Responsible Administrator: Associate Superintendent People Services
Workplace accidents must be reported to the Workers’ Compensation Board through the People Services Department.
People Services will be responsible for maintaining the procedure.
1. The following staff are covered under Workers’ Compensation Board:
- Teachers, during teaching assignments in the industrial education and home economics courses or performing the duties related to the teaching of industrial education or home economics and their substitutes;
- Principals/Vice-Principals and other administration staff only while performing administrative duties pertaining to managing the business of the school;
- An individual with a teaching certificate working in a position designated as administrative under the Education Act;
- All non-teaching employees;
2. These employees must report all workplace accidents to their supervisor.
3. The Supervisor must advise People Services Department of all workplace accidents.
4. A covered employee must complete the WCB Workers’ Report of Injury or Occupational Disease Form and fax to People Services Department within 72 hours of the incident if the employee requires medical treatment other than first aid or if they cannot do their job beyond the day of injury.
5. People Services must complete the Employer’s Report of Injury or Occupational Disease form and submit on-line within 72 hours of the incident if the employee requires medical treatment other than first aid or if they cannot do their job beyond the day of the injury.
6. People Services will create a WCB file for each incident which will be filed separately from the Employee’s Personnel file.
General Pay Plan
CUPE Collective Agreement
ATA Collective Agreement
Administrative Procedures IV. Business Administration (Expense Claims)