Dual Credit Program
Sturgeon Public Schools students can earn high school credits and post-secondary education credits while attending high school.
We are excited to partner with Olds College and Lakeland College for the 2021-2022 School year. We are offering Dual Credit courses where students can take part in live online instruction and/or self-paced learning with in-house college professors and high school teachers.
Taking a post-secondary course in high school gives students many advantages going forward in their educational journey. It gives students the confidence and motivation to transition from high school to post-secondary education. Dual Credit instruction gives students opportunities to try potential post-secondary programs with little or no risk in the familiarity of their own high school. This helps in career development and life-long learning.
Options at Olds College:
- Introduction to Veterinary Profession
- Marketing for Hospitality and Tourism
- Training for Performance - Sports Management
Options at Lakeland College:
- American Sign Language 1
- Play - Early Learning Child Development
- Introduction to Aesthetics
- Heavy Oil and Gas - Understanding Production of Oil and Gas
- Health, Nutrition and Safety - Early Learning Child Development
- Environmental Sustainability - Human Interactions with the Environment
The Dual Credit Program is offered at:
For more information and to register, contact:
Chantelle Cadieux at 780.973.3301 or email firstname.lastname@example.org