Exciting opportunities await your high school students in grades 10, 11, and 12!
Did you know that they have the chance to earn both high school credits and valuable post-secondary education credits without leaving the familiar halls of high school?
We're thrilled to be the very first school division in the province to offer a Dual Credit program in partnership with the prestigious Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT). This semester, students have the opportunity to register for Advanced Welding 1000!
Introducing Advanced Welding 1000:
- Course Credits: 3 High School Credits
- Semester: 1st Semester
- Course Components:
- Welding 1000DC (cohort)
- Workplace Safety (3 credits)
- High School Credit: 3-30 level credits
- This course is offered online with synchronous instruction, led by an experienced instructor.
- Class sessions are scheduled twice a week outside of regular school hours, from 4pm to 6pm (please note that times may be subject to change).
- The course spans 10 weeks and includes a hands-on Saturday Lab session at the NAIT campus, where expert instructors will guide students through a series of engaging lessons. Attendance at the lab is mandatory.
- Transportation will be provided from SCHS for the Saturday Lab session.
- The instructor will meet with students in person for the initial lesson and then transition to online instruction.
- Students must complete their registration by September 15, 2023.
- The course officially commences on October 2, 2023.
- Mark your calendars for the exciting NAIT shop day on December 16, 2023.
To register for Welding 1000, please contact:
Sturgeon Composite High School
Tim Spenrath by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Sturgeon Composite High School by phone at 780-973-3301.
Amanda Dorosh by email at email@example.com or, Redwater School by phone at 780-942-3625.
Morinville & Sturgeon Learning Centres
Sherri Devolder by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or, the Morinville Learning Centre by phone at 780-939-4342 EXT 1255 or, the Sturgeon Learning Centre by phone at 780-939-4342 EXT 1626.
If you have any questions or need further information, please visit our Off Campus Education and Work Experience website.